Before diving into in-depth comparison shopping, it’s generally best to reflect on your priorities as a customer. Consider referencing the following list before selecting a pair of earbuds to purchase. When you understand what you want out of your earbuds, you’ll be much more likely to pick out a pair that satisfies all of your needs. Here are some points to consider when buying earbuds:
- Bass and Sound Range. Some individuals crave earbuds with pounding, earth-shaking bass; others prefer a more balanced range of audio without the overbearing presence of heavy bass. If you love bass, be sure to pick out a pair of earbuds that emphasizes the bass in its audio, such as the Razer Hammerhead In Ear PC and Music Headset, which prides itself on “hammering in the bass” on its earbuds. If you have no need for heavy bass, consider earbuds like the Sony MDREX58V In-Ear Headphones, which provide listeners with more balanced audio.
- Noise Isolation Capabilities. Most earbuds under $50 do not offer advanced features like active noise cancellation. Most, however, offer varying levels of passive noise isolation. If you’ll be using your earbuds in loud, public environments you may want to seek out earbuds with superior noise isolation features, like the Razer Hammerheads or the Sennheiser CX200s.
- Driver Specs. The larger your earbuds’ drivers are, the richer the sound coming out of your speakers will be. Most of the top picks on this list have modest drivers, all of which are between 8 and 11 mm in size. If you’re looking for maximum driver power for under $50, invest in Zipbuds’ PRO mic Never Tangle Zipper Earbuds. If you’re looking for something even more powerful, you’ll likely have to invest more money or opt for a pair of over-the-ear headphones instead.
- Style and Color. All of us have different tastes when it comes to earbuds. Though there are a number of earbud styles available for under $50, your options are a bit more limited. The classiest pair of earbuds on our list are the Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones, which come in stunning natural wood housing. Most of the other earbuds on our list are fairly standard in their design, featuring simple earbuds in a variety of colors.
- Additional Features/Perks. For under $50, most earbuds don’t have a host of special features. Regardless, each pair of earbuds emphasizes a particular element of its design. The Razer Hammerhead focuses on being a sleek, cool gaming earbud with lots of bass; the Symphonized Genuine Wood Headphones emphasize their natural materials, and the Zipbuds PRO earbuds offer zip-able cords, preventing tangled wires. Use your personal priorities to narrow down your options.
- Price. Most of the earbuds on this list fall within a tight price range. There are, however, better deals than others. If you go through earbuds like tissue paper, consider purchasing the Panasonic RP-HJE120 ErgoFit In-Ear Headphones Stereo Earbuds; for well under $50 you can secure up to four pairs of high-quality Panasonic earbuds. If you’re looking for a more long-term investment, the Zipbuds or Razer Hammerhead earbuds are great options as well.
3 Best Earbuds under 50 Bucks Reviews
The Razer Hammerhead Headset is hands-down our top pick for the best earbuds under 50. These mighty earbuds are ideal for playing bass-heavy tunes and for enjoying immersive audio while gaming, or everyday use for that matter. The earbuds come with three sets of interchangable bi-flanged ear tips, allowing users of all ear sizes to enjoy their music with optimal comfort. With bodies made of airplane-grade aluminum, these earbuds are built to last while remaining just as light and portable as their plastic counterparts.
Owners rave that these earbuds produce loud, crystal-clear audio even at half volume, with bass that rivals that of most over-ear headphones. The bold, clear sound produced by the Razer Hammerhead earbuds, coupled with their high-grade noise isolation capabilities, make them the perfect pair of earbuds for shoppers on a budget.
YOU SHOULD PICK THESE EARBUDS IF…
- You’re looking for headphones with heavy bass and rich overall sound quality.
- You frequently listen to music in loud environments.
- You’re willing to invest a little more in your earbuds in exchange for increased durability and power.
The NRG Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by Symphonized are a unique competitor in the field of acoustics, offering its customers natural, wood-encased earbuds. This wooden body provides these earbuds with a number of benefits, producing music that “sounds more natural and musical with its fantastic mid range, bringing out the vocals” in songs as well, according to one happy customer.
Users claim that the headphones’ soft silicone earbuds are extremely comfortable as well, allowing them to comfortably listen to music for hours on end. Customers say that these headphones provide them with great noise-isolation and high-quality sound, allowing them to fully enjoy their music without breaking the bank. If you’re a casual music lover who’s looking for an excellent pair of affordable earbuds, you can’t go wrong with the Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood Headphones.
YOU SHOULD PICK THESE EARBUDS IF…
- You’re looking for an affordable alternative to standard Apple earbuds.
- You’re happy with “warmer” and “brighter” audio rather than pounding bass.
- You like the looks and acoustics of natural wood earbuds.
Though Sony is known for producing top-notch audio equipment, customers rave that these earbuds are the best of the bunch by far. These small, powerful earbuds hit bass, mid, and high notes all with equal strength, making them perfect for users who want to make the most of a vast music library. One customer was so impressed with his new MDREX58V’s that he hasn’t touched his $130 Bose headphones since!
The Sony MDREX58V’s receive much praise for their awesome built-in volume controls, which allow listeners to adjust their music volume without having to fumble around with their audio players. Users also rave that these earbuds can rest comfortably in their ears for over 12 hours and are ideal for listening to music while lying on your side. Overall, these earbuds are perfect for audiophiles on a budget. The perfect balance of features on the Sony MDREX58V makes it one of the best pairs of budget headphones on the market today.
YOU SHOULD PICK THESE EARBUDS IF…
- You’re looking for Bose-quality audio at a fraction of the price.
- You love rich sound and powerful bass, but aren’t willing to trade one at the expense of the other.
- You want headphones that are constantly comfortable.